[ Repetitive Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation ]
Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS)
Transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS) is a noninvasive procedure that uses magnetic fields to stimulate nerve cells in the brain to improve brain function. It's called a "noninvasive" procedure because it's done without using surgery or cutting the skin. Approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), for treatment of depression, anxiety, Migraine, Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD) and stop smoking. New researches show the efficacy of TMS in athletes by improving their motor performance, concentration and also providing emotional balance.
How it works:
rTMS is a non-invasive procedure. Sessions of rTMS typically last anywhere from 30 mins to an hour. During rTMS you will sit on a recline while an electromagnetic coil is held near your head. The electromagnetic coil is placed against the forehead near the area of your brain that regulates mood. The coil than passes magnetic pulses to a targeted part of your brain.
rTMS Treats the following as well:
- Stroke Rehabilitation
- Bipolar Disorder
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Tic Disorder
- Panic Attacks
- Negative symptoms and hallucination in schizophrenia
- Cognitive disorder and dementia
- Chronic pain and fibromyalgia
- Non-invasive and the patients can do their routines afterward immediately
- Pain free and safe in children and adult
- Requires no medication and the results appear in a short time (7-10 days) in comparison to medication and lasts for a long time.
- Side effects are not significant such as mild headache, scalp discomfort and lightheadedness
Our rTMS Expert Doctor
- History of Epilepsy and seizure
- Metallic device in brain such as clips, coils, bullet , implanted stimulators
- Cardiac pacemakers and artificial valves
- Cochlear implants
Patients sit in a comfortable position, The coil is placed against the proper therapeutic site after accurate measurement. Patients are awake and just hearing a clicking sound. The average duration of each session is 30 minutes and the number of sessions is 20.
Is rTMS right for you?
rTMS is a safe, effective and non-invasive treatment that can help you find relief from your mental health symptoms and Neurological problems, especially if you haven’t responded to other forms of treatment. If you’re considering rTMS, talk with your doctor about your options. They’ll review your medical history and current health before recommending rTMS.