Heartburn is a burning complaint felt in the stomach and in the esophagus above the stomach after eating. A bitter or acidic taste may be felt in the mouth. If burning complaints recur frequently, it may indicate a digestive system discomfort.
- Gastroesophageal reflux
- Helicobacter pylori infection
- Drug use
- Sensitivity to certain foods
- Gastric cancer
- Alcohol, cigarette and tobacco use
Heartburn is not a disease but a sign of illness. Therefore, it is first necessary to detect the disease and treat it. Thus, the complaint of heartburn will also come to an end. Substances that offer natural treatment to eliminate heartburn at home are:
- Carbonated water mixture: Dissolve a teaspoon of carbonate in a glass of water and drink slowly.
- Ginger: Alleviates heartburn and nausea. You can add grated or diced ginger root to cake recipes, soups, and other dishes.
- Licorice: It is good for heartburn but care should be taken as long-term or excessive use may increase blood pressure and lower potassium.
- Apple cider vinegar: It should be drunk slowly by diluting with water.
- Chewing gum: Chewing gum for half an hour after meals reduces heartburn.
Is it possible to prevent?
- Controlling cigarette and alcohol consumption
- Eating small but frequent meals
- Avoiding foods that harm the stomach
- Avoiding drugs that harm the stomach
- Avoiding tight clothes
- Not eating before bedtime
- Raising your pillow while lying down